US Marine Corps General Kenneth F. McKenzie Jr. (C, behind), commander of the US Central Command (CENTCOM) and Lieutenant General Fahd bin Turki bin Abdulaziz al-Saud (front), commander of the Saudi-led coalition forces in Yemen, are shown reportedly Iranian weapons seized by Saudi forces from Yemen’s Huthi rebels, during his visit to a military base in al-Kharj in central Saudi Arabia on July 18, 2019.Fayez Nureldine | AFP | Getty ImagesThe United States will send more forces into Saudi Arabia even as President Donald Trump says he wants to reduce American military involvement in the Middle East. Defense Secretary Mark Esper ordered the deployment of two more fighter squadrons and accompanying personnel to the oil-rich American ally, he told reporters Friday. The U.S. will also deploy Patriot and Terminal High Altitude Area Defense missile defense systems. “Taken together with other deployments I have extended or authorized within the last month, this involves about 3,000 United States forces,” the Pentagon chief said.The move comes amid rising tensions in the Middle East sparked in part by Trump’s decision to pull troops from northern Syria. Earlier this week, Turkey launched airstrikes and artillery fire targeting U.S.-allied Kurdish forces in the area. Esper also chastised Turkey on Friday for what he called an “impulsive action” to start the offensive in Syria. “We oppose and are greatly disappointed by Turkey’s decision to launch a unilateral military incursion into northern Syria,” the Defense secretary said. In announcing the move to put more forces in Saudi Arabia on Friday, Esper said the kingdom “asked for additional support” in the wake of attacks on massive Saudi oil production facilities in September. The U.S. and major international allies have blamed the strikes on Iran. This story is developing. Please check back for updates. Subscribe to CNBC on YouTube.