Last modified on 13 September 2019.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a technology for managing a company’s relationships and interactions with customers and potential customers.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the European Union law for data protection.
- Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a set of policies and procedures for systematically managing sensitive data. The goal of an ISMS is to minimize risk, ensure business continuity, and pro-actively secure sensitive information.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is an organization, headquartered in Switzerland, that sets internationally-accepted standards across a number of fields, including information security.
- Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) is the British Columbia law on data protection.
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) is the Canadian Federal-level law governing data protection.
- Personally Identifiable Information (Personal Data) is any data that could potentially identify a specific individual.
FrankfurtStockExchange.de is an independent website for sharing information about the Frankfurt stock market and may feature promotional advertisements about certain companies in exchange for payment (See the DISCLAIMER for more information).
Because of our international reach, we adhere to the highest legislative standards, including the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection, and equivalent international legislation such as the GDPR).
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been in force since May 2018 and regulates the data protection practices of any companies which deal with all personal data of private individuals in the EU, irrespective of whether these companies are based in the EU or not. Since the 28 member states of the EU together constitute the world’s biggest economy, and since 80 nations are their most important trading partners, many companies all over the world buy and sell goods and services to EU people.
We collect only the data that we need to respond to your inquiries or to provide you with the services you request from us. Specifically:
- We collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you use to browse www.frankfurtstockexchange.de. This data on its own is anonymous and we are unable to identify you on this alone.
- We also collect cookies, which are small files that a site or its service providers embed on your computer (with your permission) to enable the site’s or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and retain certain information. Learn more about cookies here.
Optional information sharing
- If you choose to communicate with us via chat, as applicable, we will collect your name and your email, as well as logs of your chat with our staff.
- If you choose to subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect your name and your email address. Newsletters may be sent periodically with highlights and news about our industry and particular companies.
- You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by updating your email preferences using the ‘Click here to opt out’ link, or by sending an email to dpo(at)frankfurtstockexchange.de with the subject line “UNSUBSCRIBE” from the email address you wish to unsubscribe.
- If you choose to contact us directly, the contact forms on our website collect your name, email address, contact number, company name and any free text field information you choose to include.
- Note: at the completion of a contact form, your IP address is no longer anonymous, and we will be able to identify you by the combination of your IP and contact information.
Personal information that you share through the www.frankfurtstockexchange.de website may be transferred internationally, including to or through areas where the standards for data privacy differ from those in force in Switzerland.
Some of these countries may not be among those listed by the EU Adequacy Decisions.
Please see the section below for additional detail.
Personal data that FrankfurtStockExchange.de collects through forms on the www.frankfurtstockexchange.de website might be collected and processed by third-party companies such as Marketo, HubSpot and Instapage. If you want to access or update your data, please email dpo(at)frankfurtstockexchange.de.
Marketo provides forms that you can interact with on websites like ours. Marketo processes and stores data in ISO 27001-certified datacentres worldwide. Where Marketo transfers your data outside the EEA, the Privacy Shield Principles will be applied. Learn more about how Marketo processes data.
HubSpot also provides forms you can interact with on websites like ours. HubSpot processes and stores data in HubSpot service providers’ servers. HubSpot is committed to the Privacy Shield Principles. Learn more about HubSpot’s privacy practices here. In addition to the data that you manually enter in the form, HubSpot also receives your IP address.
Instapage supports the creation of customized post-click landing pages for users who click on an advertisement on websites like ours. If you click on a FrankfurtStockExchange.de advertisement, or the FrankfurtStockExchange.de resources icon on our website, your information will be collected and processed through Instapage. Learn more about Instapage’s privacy practices here.
FrankfurtStockExchange.de stores and accesses any personal information collected through our website via The Newsletter Plugin. The Newsletter Plugin processes personal data in accordance with a variety of well-documented standards. Where The Newsletter Plugin transfers data outside the EEA, the Privacy Shield Principles are adhered to. Learn more about The Newsletter Plugin’s data privacy practices here.
- Where you provide it, and consent, your email address may be used:
- to send you information and updates related to your specified interests,
- to send you occasional company news, updates, and
- to provide related product or service information.
- We collect website performance data, which includes visitor IPs and cookies, to understand:
- how many users visit our site,
- how users interact with our site, and
- how we can improve site performance.
- We may use the information you provide to improve the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns, and to improve, modify or otherwise enhance our products and services for the benefit of our customers.
We will retain your information until you notify us that you’d like to be removed from our contact lists.
FrankfurtStockExchange.de does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Data to outside parties without your express consent.
Express consent to share your Personal Data is not required in the case of trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep your information confidential (refer to ‘How is your information collected and stored?’).
FrankfurtStockExchange.de may also release your Personal Data in cases where we believe such release is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, FrankfurtStockExchange.de may refer to third-party products or services on our website. Use of these third-party products or services will require your acceptance of a services agreement.
These third parties have separate and independent privacy policies. FrankfurtStockExchange.de has no responsibility or liability for, nor direct control over, the content and activities of these third parties.
- Right to access – you have a right to know what personal information we hold on you, who that information is shared with, and what we use it for. You can request access to the information we hold on you (Access Request).
- Right to rectify – you have the right to ask us to correct incorrect information that we hold about you.
- Right to transfer – you have the right to have the data we hold on you transferred elsewhere.
- Right to be forgotten – at your request, we will delete your personal information from our systems (information deletion may be subject to any mandatory retention specified under financial or other legislation), and we will make commercially reasonable efforts to have your information deleted from our partners’ systems.
- Right to object – you can object to your personal information being processed by us.
Please note that all requests under the rights listed above must be made in writing either by letter or email to dpo(at)frankfurtstockexchange.de and may require subsequent verification procedures to confirm the requestor’s identity.